High-density polyethylene (HDPE) PE4710 pipe for large diameter industrial applications. DriscoPlex® 1000 series PE piping can also be used for municipal applications that do not require certification for potable water.
DriscoPlex® 1000 series PE piping is manufactured from a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE445574C and a PPI TR-4 listed material designation of PE4710. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s Data Sheet.
DriscoPlex® 1000 series PE piping is manufactured in Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). Standard sizes are shown in the product’s Size and Dimension Sheet.
Solid black pipe. Solid black pipe with four, single coextruded stripes is also available. Standard striping options include green, purple, white, gray, or brown stripes.
DriscoPlex® 1000 series PE piping is manufactured to ASTM D3035 for sizes ≤ 3” or ASTM F714 for sizes ≥ 4”.
Key Benefits of DriscoPlex® PE Piping
- Heat fused, fully restrained, zero-leak joints
- Excellent chemical resistance – does not rust, rot, tuberculate, corrode, or support biological growth
- Smooth inside surface resulting in excellent flow characteristics
- High capacity for surge pressures above working pressure
- Unmatched combination of flexibility, toughness and durability for use in trenchless applications
- Lightweight and ductility of pipe magnify ease of handling and installation
- Outstanding resistance to fatigue against frequent surge events
- Exceptional impact resistance
- Long-term UV resistance for above-ground use
- Minimized maintenance and lifecycle costs due to zero leakage, fully restrained joints, and excellent chemical resistance
- High quality polyethylene piping with over 50 years of proven performance
- Best-in-class abrasion resistance for slurry flow applications
- Excellent stress crack resistance