PolarPipe® White-Shell polyethylene (PE) pipe (US Patent Pending) is produced with a white shell that is simultaneously co-extruded with the core PE pipe. PolarPipe® PE pipe is designed for above-ground applications, where piping is subject to demanding fluctuations in temperature.
PolarPipe® PE pipe is intended to serve these markets: mining, tailings & slurries, oil & gas producing applications and other above-ground industrial applications. The white shell minimizes solar radiation absorption, providing some key benefits.
- On a 95° sunny day in NC, a customer reportedly measured a 30°F temperature difference on empty PolarPipe vs black HDPE pipe.
- Available in sizes 4” – 24” DIPS
- Reduced expansion and contraction
- Reduced abrasion due to less ‘snaking’
- High flexibility and resistance to crack propagation